Our Lessons for Life program uses gripping true-life stories of boating accidents and near escapes to deliver unforgettable lessons about safer boating. The campaign includes videos, written narratives and map graphics to describe how boaters and paddlers get into trouble, as well as the perseverance, quick thinking and luck that gets them out of it.
Our media partners distribute these stories as sponsored content, and their quality production and riveting storylines produce high engagement rates. Audience surveys show an ongoing culture shift toward safer boating and paddling thanks to this outreach program.
- Heroic Boating Rescue at Destin PassSgt. Brian Parkton knew the situation could turn bad in a heartbeat. The veteran […]
- The Rest of the StoryWhat happened after this viral smash-up at the mouth of the Columbia is just […]
- LifelineAdrift on a capsized boat 16 miles offshore, a palm-sized personal locator beacon was […]
- Answering the CallWhen a 17-year-old paddleboarder was swept out to sea, his survival depended on his […]
- The Bass Boat Hero Who Broke the InternetGetting thrown from a bass boat at 60 mph is one way to learn about the importance of Engine Cutoff Switches.
- Collision on the ChesapeakeWhat re-enacting the unlikeliest accident on Chesapeake Bay tells us about boating safety.
- Rescue at Pictured RocksBy Jeff Moag It was meant to be another boy’s trip, the latest in […]
- Losing a 300-pound Marlin—And Their BoatTen minutes, maybe less. That’s all the time Dan Suski had from the moment […]
- A Whistle in the WindMark Wheeler went overboard in pitch darkness and a 40-knot squall. This is the […]
- A Lesson to Live ByKayak angler Sean Danielson’s father insisted he wear a lifejacket. Years later, that advice […]
- Kayak Angler Smashed by MotorboatAugust 31, 2019 was shaping up as an unforgettable day even before kayak angler […]
- Kayakers Learn From NYC Ferry CollisionNew York City is an extraordinary place to paddle. The Hudson waterfront on the […]
- Swept AwayA Kayaker’s disappearance provides hard lessons and hope for a better future By Jeff […]
- Rescue Under the LightsWhen a night-fishing mission goes awry, two kayak anglers learn the importance of staying calm and working together
- Mississippi MiracleHow river pilot Sean Tittle stopped a 12,000-ton vessel and saved a family of three
- Tragedy on Dungeness BayA sea kayaking accident underlines the peril of cold water. By Jeff Moag Dungeness […]