Coastal/Inshore Fishing Boats are fiberglass, primarily outboard, boats between 21’ and 26’ in length that are typically configured in a center console or walkaround style. They are used for near coastal and inshore fishing and are frequently equipped with two engines.
Here’s a quick summary:
- There are currently 387,000 inshore fishing boats registered in the U.S., just over half (53%) of which were purchased new or pre-owned during the past 5 years.
- The average inshore fishing boat is 15 years old and roughly 5,000 of them are being retired from the fleet each year.
- Last year, 70% of all inshore fishing boats were purchased pre-owned (30% New).
- One in four (23%) of the people that purchased inshore fishing boats in 2019 were first-time-boat buyers and 34% of them own another boat (including PWC)
- Inshore fishing boat buyers tend to be well established. 76% of them are over 40 years-old; almost all own their home; and they have usually lived there for a while.